Monday, March 2, 2009

Sorry it's been so long!

I have been so busy...haven't had a chance to post any news lately! Finally, I have a minute! The Adams family has been remodeling the kitchen. Good news! We are officially finished! We are slowly, but surely getting things back in order. We are really enjoying the bigger kitchen space, mudroom, and new playroom.!

Will tried out for the 11 and under Andalusia travel baseball team and made it! They have been practicing for about a month now and he LOVES it! He also had Little League tryouts last week...whew! We are going to be spending all week at the ball park! Especially since Sissy is playing girls softball...her tryouts are tonight. She is very excited to be moving up the the "big girl" team, as she calls it. Will is on the Cardinals for Little League, and his coach is our friend and neighbor, Ben Bowden. We are all very happy about that. Will's first travel tournament is this weekend in Navarre...I will post some pictures next week.

Sissy and Scott recently went to the Father/Daughter Dance at AES. They had such a good time! I was lucky to get to go this year to help serve, so I was able to get some great pics and see my girl dancing with her dad and her buds. So cute!

Sissy's Brownie troop (I am their fearless leader!) has been busy selling Girl Scout cookies. This is our first year selling and we have really had fun doing it. I took the girls yesterday to see "Sleeping Beauty" at LBW...it was a joint venture of the Montgomery Ballet and the Andalusia Ballet Association...it was wonderful! We are so blessed to have such wonderful opportunites for cultural events in our small town!

Somberly, I spent a lot of time thinking yesterday about EHS, my alma mater, and the events of March 1, 2007....the devastating tornado that destroyed the high school, Hillcrest Elementary, and lots of homes in Enterprise. Eight innocent lives were lost that day, as well as two fine institutions that I spent many years attending and have so many fond memories of. It is a sad day, but I am proud to say that I am from Enterprise! I love EHS and HES will always hold the memories of my time there close to my heart.

Oh, by the way! We actually had snowflakes falling from the sky in Andalusia yesterday...how cool is that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mom to Will,9, and Sissy,6; wife of Scott; graduate of Enterprise High School, class of 1987; Auburn class of 91; TSU class of 1994